Monday, September 24, 2007

An Evening of Banned Books

Thank you to everyone who has sent me messages regarding my book review of "Windows Into My World" edited by Sarah Cortez, which appeared in yesterday's San Antonio Express-News. In case you missed it, here's the LINK.

I just finished reading and reviewing Naomi Shihab Nye's book "I'll Ask You Three Times, Are You OK?" It's a delightful read and I hope you have the opportunity to pick it up and read it soon.

I don't know about you, but it's always a challenge for me to decide what book to read next since there are so many interesting books out there!

I hope some of you take the opportunity to attend Trinity University's Banned Books Week presentation of “An Evening of Banned Books” at 7 p.m., Sept. 27, in Chapman Auditorium. According to a press release issued by the university, “An Evening of Banned Books” will focus on the effects of censorship on writers. A panel of students and teachers from the high school and university level will read original work and discuss the impact of book challenges and bans on their work.

The event is open to the public and refreshments will be provided. For more information, call Jeremy Donald at 210-999-8176 or e-mail him at jdonald@trinity.edu.