Sunday, May 11, 2008

Notes From JAX

Society member Jackie Mendez brings us up-to-date on her writing career:

Hope all is well and that everyone's Mother's Day was spent in the company of family and friends. My Mother's Day came early last week with a four day trip to Oklahoma to attend a writer's conference, so I was happy. I was initiated the first night with tornadoes and pelting hail, but I survived. Anyway, I'm still working on getting my novel picked up by a U.S. publisher, so, fingers crossed, my manuscript is in the hands of an editor that I met at the writer's conference with Grand Central Publishing. Her call back time, however, is 2-4 months-- bummer!

In the meantime, I've been dabbling in poetry and other projects, and as a result, I have a new piece that was published with an Ezine for writers recently, YAY! If you would like to read my piece, or are simply just curious about submitting to this site, go to http://www.longstoryshort.us/. When you get to that page, scroll down to the link on the left-hand side titled, "Poetry, " and check it out. It's written under the name of JAX and is titled, "Alone." It's dedicated to a very select group of women, but I dont want to say anything, because I don't want to give away the ending. Anyway, I'm off to work on my prequel, so I wish everyone a wonderful week and much success!

Love and blessings,
JAX, author of HEART OF THE JAGUAR
"A Shadow to Call Her Own" Amazon shorts
"A Bridge to Freedom" and "Grandma's Recipe" CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE LATINO SOUL
"Am I the Only One Who is Outraged?!" HANGPROUD.COM
"Alone," Long Story Short, poetry submission