Thursday, July 09, 2009

When My Dad Comes Home



Last week I had the opportunity to meet Lupina Vela, author of When My Dad Comes Home, released by Pedestal Publishing, Inc.

The book has also been published in Spanish, Cuando Regrese Mi Papa.

As a 23-year Marine Corps veteran, I took great interest in this book, especially since the author based it on a real boy who was reunited with his father, a staff sergeant in the Marine Corps.

I read the book and it really hit home. I strongly encourage everyone, regardless of which branch of military service is your favorite, to purchase a copy of the book so that children can see what other children go through when their military father or mother is stationed unaccompanied overseas, or assigned to serve in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Go to www.pedestalpublishing.com to purchase the book, in English, Spanish, or both! The book is $16.95 (plus sales tax) and there is a $2.95 shipping and handling charge.

I trust you will enjoy the book as much as I did.

Labels: , , ,