Sunday, August 16, 2009

Jackie Mendez Update

From Jackie Mendez:

Hello Everyone!

Hope you survived this hellish summer. I'm definitely ready for fall and winter to come back. I've had plenty to do working harder at my online business than ever before with this stinkin' economy and keeping up with my writing. I'm still working on that second book, that seems to be taking an eternity with researching and drafting.

As far as publishing news, Black Belt magazine accepted one of my articles titled, "Going Above and Beyond My Comfort Zone with Krav Maga." Yup, it's a personal experience piece that details my experience in that arena and encourages other women to take some form of self defense as well. It was a little intimidating doing the piece because they required pictures (definitely not my forte-- I'd rather kiss a dead fish than have my picture taken), but oh well, you gotta do what you gotta do. I dont know what issue it will be coming out in, but will be sure to send another email when it does. They have up to a year to publish it, so I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Anyway, just wanted to share what's going on. Feel free to catch me on Facebook as "Jackie Mendez" or Myspace and Twitter as "writingjax", and drop in and read my pieces every once in awhile at Hangproud.com in the featured women writer's tab. God bless!

Best of love and blessings to all,
Jackie