Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Wendy Barker Reading at The Twig

From Wendy Barker:

Dear, dear Friends,

This is utterly slimy self-promotion, but---(!!)--as many of you know, my novel in prose poems, Nothing Between Us, is due out this month from Del Sol Press. The wonderful folks at The Twig are hosting a reading-signing for the book on Saturday, December 5, from 2-4. It would be great if some of you could drop by--the reading will probably begin around 2:30.

The prose poems--or flash fiction pieces--are set in the late sixties, and are based on my experiences in Berkely while teaching ninth-graders (not that much older than the students myself), during the time the school district had just become racially "integrated." I'm afraid, however, I must warn you--the book is not G-rated.

Again, apologies for such blatant advertising!

All good wishes to you,

Wendy