Tuesday, July 16, 2013

SLHW 9th Anniversary

The following message is from Ruben Soto, President Emeritus of the Society of Latino and Hispanic Writers of San Antonio Dear Society Members and Friends, I can't believe it's been 9 years since we held our first meeting in this Barnes and Noble. I had a dream - a dream to help Latino writers with their writing careers and to help them get published. I think the Society has accomplished this dream of mine since many of you have improved your writing and learned more about the industry. And some of you fulfilled your dream of publishing a book. All of this makes me extremely proud. I myself am writing the book on the history of Univision and it will be traditionally published and I wouldn't have achieved this if it wasn't for my involvement with the Society. Thanks to all of you who came out tonight to celebrate and I'm thankful to Lupe Gonzalez and Bertha Jacobson for keeping the Society going forward. And as Vince Bosquez says " keep writing"! Happy Anniversary to the Society of Latino and Hispanic Writers!!! Ruben From Miami to my beloved friends in San Antonio