Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday's Book Review

I received a phone call from my brother this morning commenting on my book review in today's San Antonio Express-News. He feels I used too many "big words" and may have written it too difficult for a lot of people to understand.

Please take a moment to read it by following the link
http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/books/stories/MYSA062407.9P.book.lies.21061cb.html
and let me know your opinion.

While we're on the subject of today's Book Section in the Express-News, I read with interest an entry in the Bookmarks section of a meeting Tuesday evening at the Maverick Library about a Veterans Writing Group. I'm unsure if it's referring to military veterans, or veteran writers (what makes you a veteran writer--age, length of time spent writing, or number of article written/published?). I tried calling the number, but didn't get a response. When I do, I let you know what I find out.