Friday, April 10, 2009

Monday's Meeting

Please remember that the monthly meeting of the Society of Latino and Hispanic Writers of San Antonio will be on Monday, April 13 at the Barnes and Noble, San Pedro Crossing at 7:30 p.m. This month we will feature our own members as this will be our quarterly "Cinco Minutos with You" meeting.

The San Antonio Express-News has listed our blog on a special section of its website: http://www.sacultura.com/
Look for our link in the column on the far right side under "Mas Useful Links."

Thank you to everyone who sent me their comments on my review in last Sunday's paper. In case you missed it, here's the link: http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/books/Review_In_the_Shadow_of_the_Giant.html

Finally, this July marks our 5th Anniversary! With this important milestone approaching, I believe now is the time to select a new president for the Society. I have spoken with Ruben Soto and Lupe Gonzalez, whose counsel I value very highly and they are supportive of my wish to let someone else take the reins of the month-to-month leadership of the Society. Don't worry, I'm not going any where. I want to focus my time on grant writing and obtaining funding for future projects and events. If you are interested in discussing with me the selection of a new president, please stay after Monday's meeting to go over possibilities with me.