Sunday, December 06, 2009

Gaby Update

From longtime member, Gaby--an update on her recent accomplishments. Congratulations, Gaby and thank you for mentioning the Society in your interview with the San Antonio Express-News!:

1) On Thursday December 3 came out an interview about me on San Antonio Express News-North Central News.

Here is the link to san Antonio Express News-North central News:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/community/north_central/north_central_news/Lifes_journeys_influence_Stone_Oak_writer_Madrid.html

A self-described “literary gypsy” is back home with her books, notes for new projects and a diverse community of writers.

2) The second news I would like to share is that last week I read a short story I wrote in English on NPR. In order to listen to it, double click on:

www.tpr.org/programs/texasmatters.html

Then, Scroll down toward the middle of the page and download the show.
Show #483, November 27, 2009 just by doble click on MP3Download
MP3 Download
Finally, the audio will appear,and my story, among other stories will be number four, called Why? It would be in the middle-toward the final of the audio.

3) The third news is that enclosed is the link of Mayra Calvani´s article about the presentation of my book in Caracas-Venezuela,as well as a description of my narrative, a review by Carmen Cristina Wolf (President of Circulo de Escritores de venezuela)and interviews by Mayra Calvani (Latino Book Examiner) and Martha Colmenares.
http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-6309-Latino-Books-Examiner~y2009m8d14-Author--Maria-Gabriela-Madrid-presents-her-book-in-Caracas

4) The fourth news is that I was interviewed by Martha Colmenares from Diario las Americas.
http://www.diariodeamerica.com/front_nota_detalle.php?id_noticia=5622

5) Finally here in San Antonio, my book "Entre los surcos del recuerdo" (written in spanish) is for sale at "Regalo Gift Shop" Alameda Museum Phone number: 210 299 43 40. Address: 101 South Santa Rosa.San Antonio-Texas 78207.I t could be a great gift for Christmas. Also, I sell the book from home (just $10) without shipping and handling fees. If there is any person interested in getting it, they could contact me by e-mail: mariagmadrid@yahoo.com