Monday, May 24, 2010

Jackie Mendez Update

A note from Jackie Mendez

Dear Readers,

I truly can't believe how fast June is soon approaching. This last month passed by me with a blur of activities. I attended a writer's conference in Oklahoma and sold quite a few books. Thankfully, I finally finished another article that has taken me a year to write, which I'll explain more about it later if it gets picked up for publication. And lastly and proudly... I received word this month that I passed the level 2 test I took for Krav Maga self defense last April, which was a HUGE deal to me, because it took me almost a year to finally get to the point where I wasn't on the verge of tossing my cookies after a 15 minute workout. Which by the way, if you are in San Antonio and are interested in attending a handgun home invasion seminar, this Saturday, May 29th, call Krav Maga Worldwide at 210-348-6127 for more info. You don't have to be a member and the information you'll get from this life-saving class will be worth your time.

With all of these temporary distractions, getting that second novel finished has been quite the challenge. But with summer right around the corner, I'm determined to get that second novel done by the end of September-- a daunting goal, but I HAVE to do it. Which brings me to the topic of a contest that I am hosting.

If you are an aspiring writer or avid reader with great ideas, this contest may be the right fit for you. I'm still struggling with a working title for the prequel, so I decided to leave it in the hands of the readers. Simply go to my myspace blog and read the first seven drafted chapters. I'm withholding the posting of any links to avoid getting this into your spam folder, so to read the contest details, go to my Facebook JAX Fan Page and click on the discussion tab.

The contests rules are simple: create a possible title for my next novel, the prequel to Heart of the Jaguar. If you've already read the first one, that's a plus since you will already have the upperhand advantage with knowing the trilogy's plot. Also, if you RETWEET, myspace stream, Facebook share or blogger this information, contact me through email to receive a free PDF Ebook to HEART OF THE JAGUAR. Read the deadline and prize categories below:

Deadline: June 11th

Prize Categories:

1st PLACE: $50 Gift card to Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, HEB or Target-- and if I chose that title for final publication, a credit with your name on the acknowledgment page of the book. Also 1 autographed copy to my first novel

2nd PLACE: $25 Gift Card to Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, HEB or Target and 1 autographed copy of my first novel

3rd PLACE: $10 Gift Card to Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, HEB or Target and 1 autographed copy of my first novel

Honorable Mention: $5 Gift Card to Starbucks, Barnes & Noble, Walmart, HEB or Target

HOW DO I ENTER? Go to the heartofthejaguar website and click on FAN PAGE. Fill out the form and in the comments section PLEASE Type PREQUEL TITLE CONTEST, along with your working title. If you have further questions or need the link to my first seven drafted chapters go to the discussion tab of Facebook's JAX Fan Page. Share this with your friends, relatives, or anyone you think might be interested in this. I wish you a great summer!

Love and Blessings,
JAX, Author of Heart of the Jaguar

Blogspot, Twitter, Myspace: Writingjax
Facebook: Jax Fan Page