Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Josie Mixon Poetry Meeting, July 21

From Josie Mixon:

Good Day My Fellow Poets
and Supporters!

Happy Summer to all! I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and hopefully you have had a chance to have a little bit of a break/vacation.

I had two weeks off although during the first week I was called in to work and the rest of the time I was at home which was fabulous. I spent last week at the coast and it was fantastic. I was there for the rain which was great. I love the rain and the ocean so the combination was exhilerating. The rain embraced me like another layer of skin. I tanned, ate, slept and tanned some more. You will notice all of the above when you come to the venue. We (Jim Brandenburg and I) are planning a workshop for our next venue. Tom E of course will be there as well to assist. This may be a great time to share your summer poetry with us. I am hoping to create poetry about place to help me be inspired again to write. I don't have writers block I've just not been my usual happy self lately (several months) and would like to start over. Let's get to it and inspire each other on Wednesday, July 21st at Barnes and Noble, Ingram Festival. I plan to share some information with everyone regarding contests and submission deadlines so if you have information bring it with you and bring a calendar to make note of the dates. Bring your ideas and recommenations with you. If you are a publisher receiving this information please drop by on this special evening and provide us with some submission guidance and recommendations or feel free to email it to me and I will spread the word for you. This will be a very informative evening of poetry so please come prepared to write, take notes and bring your poetry to share during open mic. If you have any questions, concerns or ideas please do not hesitate to let me know.

Have a wonderful and beautiful day!
Josie Mixon
Jim Brandenburg

http://josiemixon.com/
http://www.voicesdelaluna.com/
http://www.facebook.com/