Thursday, February 17, 2011

Self-Editing Workshop

Self-Editing Workshop
Feb 20-26


Want to perk up the pace of your prose?
Don't know what to look for?
Contest judges getting you down?
Never learned the difference between POV and Show vs Tell?

Join two Roses of Roses Colored Glasses for the Self-Editing Workshop

Your Instructors: Layla Chase and Shayla Kersten

This workshop will help make your writing shine! Through the use of checklists, lectures and writing exercises for each lesson, we give you tangible examples of what to look for and how to fix it. You'll get interactive assistance from freelance editor and award-winning authors, Layla Chase and Shayla Kersten.

Passive Vs Active voice, Power words & pumping up your sentences
Eliminating implied or unnecessary words
Gerunds, misplaced modifiers, dangling participles
Point Of View and Show Vs Tell
Grammar & Punctuation
Style and Voice

To enroll, send your $20 payment through Paypal from the workshop page on http://www.rosescoloredglasses.com/WSSelfEdit.htm

Deadline for enrollment is February 20, 2011.

Testimonials

"I just wanted to say a HUGE thank you for teaching the Self-Editing class on Rose's Colored Glasses. I took the class earlier this year and by applying what I learned to my manuscript, I managed to final in a RWA Chapter contest."

"... even more than the wonderful tips and checklist and exercises, this workshop taught us how to discipline ourselves, which I love. Thank you, thank you, thank you."

"Just want to say thank you so much for all your insight and information, ladies. I enjoyed the class and can definitely take the information and apply it to my writing. In fact, it's been useful already!"

"I wanted to express my appreciation for the time and assistance we have been given. I have learned so much and have so much to learn. Thanks heaps and I'll be doing this again


Lupe M. Gonzalez
http://lmgonzalez.wordpress.com/
Writing stories by and about Latinas and their lives and loves.
Released Sep 23, 2009 - A Love for Eternity, TWRP, Vintage Miniature Rose
Too Late For Romance? (Debut Book, Jun 2008, The Wild Rose Press)