Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Featured Member: Jackie Mendez

From Jackie Mendez:

Hi Everyone!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, surrounded by friends and family. The month of November seemed to have flown by in a flash. I can't believe that we are now in December just three weeks before Christmas. Where did the time go? Either I'm doing too much or I'm trapped in some type of time warp capsule. I'm gonna go with the first option, and for that reason, I have set a goal to just chill for December and relax with my little family, put my homemaker hat on, cook lots of homemade meals, catch up on my cuddles with my little one and finally finish reading the last Harry Potter book that I've been postponing for the last two years.

As for my prequel, I am now on chapter 8 of the novel and will soon be posting drafts of the first few chapters on my website. I'll Twitter it (writingjax, profile name) when it's up if you'd like to give it a read. I do want to give you an update about my previous news regarding the Black Belt publication. The editor granted my Krav Maga instructor permission to post the article on his site. If any of you are interested in reading it, simply go to this website and scroll down to the Black Belt magazine picture and click on the article link: http://krav-maga-san-antonio.com/news

You may have to double-click on the article to zoom in on the words. Feel free to pass the article along to every woman you know as it sends a vital message about the need to learn some type of self-defense. I hope that you are all well and find yourselves in good health. Take this month to slow down if you can and reflect on this past year's shortcomings and blessings. I try to use my shortcomings as a way to grow and learn from my mistakes and appreciate the blessings that come my way.

Love and blessings,
JAX,
Author of Heart of the Jaguar
www.heartofthejaguar.com