Monday, October 29, 2012

Nanowrimo

The following post is from Joseph Casanova:


Anyone doing Nanowrimo? Remember it's when you write a 50,000 word in 30 days without editing or proofing. I decided to bite the bullet and do it this year. So far, I've organized my characters and have almost finalized my plotlines. For more info, click on www.nanowrimo.com. I don't believe it's too late to register. Once you finish, you submit to the website, and all these folks do is check to see if you've written 50,000 words. I believe once they've confirmed the word count, they mail you a certiciate of completion. Doing this project provides a sense of empowerment and accomplishment, and to be honest, I'm scared to death. LOL! Local Nanowrimo write-in sessions have been scheduled throughout November on Thursdays starting at 6 p.m. at the Hearthstone Bakery at the Forum. Also write-ins have been scheduled at Hearthsone on McCullough Sundays from 1-3 p.m. I attended my first write-in today and I accomplished quite a bit. I also met two very nice fellow Nanowrimers. So snap to it and start preparing. November 1 is only a few days away. Best of luck to all!

National Novel Writing Month

www.nanowrimo.org

Thirty days and nights of literary abandon